Adding data to a static control
In the report, click the definition icon of the control.
Tip: The definition icon is available from the on-demand toolbar when the control is selected in the report.
- To add a new object, such as a card in a deck or a button in a button bar, under Data Table, click the new button.
- In Data Table, define the values that you want to appear in the
Values are organized by data item. In addition to the default data item (Label) and values provided, you can create your own data items and values. For example, to add an icon to each value, you must create a data item for the icons.
- To define a new data item, click the new button and type the name of the data item that you want to create.
- Click inside each table row and type the name of the value.
- To add translations for the values, to support users in multiple languages, click the ellipsis button, choose the languages that you want to support by clicking the add button , and type the translated text for each language added.
- If you created new data items, in the Definition box, click the Label drop-down list and select the data item that you want to use in the control.
- To add an icon to each value, select the Icon check box, click the
drop-down list, and select the data item that contains the icons that you want to use.
You cannot add an icon to values in static decks and discrete values sliders. To add an icon to values in a static repeater table, insert the Image object from the Toolbox pane . Then specify the data item for the icons by referencing the data item in the Properties pane.
- Optional: If you want to copy all data values to another static control,
click the copy control definition icon .
After you have copied the data values of the control, click the definition icon of another static control, and then click the paste control definition icon to copy the data values.Tip: You can also drag data items from one control and drop them in another control. This action moves the data item from one control to another control instead of copying the item. You can drag and drop data items only to static controls that can contain objects, such as a deck, tab control, and repeater table. In addition, the data table of the target control must contain a data item with the same name as the data item you are moving, such as Label.
- You can create a default card when no other card matches the variable value.
- From the data deck, click Show properties and navigate to the properties of the deck.
- Click Yes for the Show Default Card property, then click the Current Card property and select Default.
- Insert the objects that you want to appear on the default card.