Add a note to a chart
You can add and position multiple notes on your chart.
- Select the chart object.
- In the Properties pane, under Chart Annotations, double-click the Notes property.
- Click the New icon .
- Type the note text in the Text box
and click OK.
Tips: To delete a note, click the note and click the delete button . To move a note up or down in the list, click the up or down arrows.
- In the Notes dialog box, click OK.
- To position the note, do the following:
- Click the note icon in the list of notes.
- In the Properties pane, under Positioning, double-click the Position property.
- To align the note horizontally, click the left, center, or right alignment button.
- To align the note vertically, click the top, middle, or bottom alignment button.
- To set the margins around the chart body, type margin values and choose margin units.
- To display the note at a set distance from the sides of the chart area, from the Anchor list, click Relative to Chart.
- To display the note at a set distance from the sides of the chart body, from the Anchor list, click Relative to Chart Body.
- To display the note at a set distance from a data item, from the Anchor list, click Report Expression, click the ellipsis button beside Expression, and enter an expression in the Report Expression dialog box.
- To edit the text, double-click the text next to the note object in the chart.