Creating a virtual directory to access log files
If you do not install Dynamic Query Analyzer on the same computer as you install IBM® Cognos® Analytics server, you can create a virtual directory, or alias, to allow Dynamic Query Analyzer to read query log files and workflow log files.
If you are using Dynamic Query Analyzer only to run the Aggregate Advisor, you do not have to create the virtual directory.
For Apache Web Server or IBM HTTP Server, the directory definition would look like the following example:
Alias /DQLogs "<cognos_analytics_server_installation_location>/logs/XQE" <Directory "<cognos_analytics_server_installation_location>/logs/XQE"> Order allow,deny Allow from all Options +Indexes </Directory>
For Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), you must enable the Allow double escaping option for the virtual directory properties.
- In the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager console, create the virtual directory.
- Select the virtual directory, and double-click Directory Browsing.
- Click Enable.
- Select the virtual directory, and double-click Request Filtering.
- Click Edit Feature Settings.
- Enable Allow double escaping, and click OK.