Make Custom User Properties for Active Directory Available to IBM Cognos Components
You can use arbitrary user attributes from your Active Directory Server in IBM® Cognos® components. To configure this, you must add these attributes as custom properties for the Active Directory namespace.
The custom properties are available as session parameters through Framework Manager. For more information about session parameters, see the Framework Manager User Guide
You can also use the custom properties inside command blocks to configure Oracle sessions and connections. You can use the command blocks can be used with Oracle light-weight connections and virtual private databases. For more information, see the IBM Cognos Analytics Administration and Security Guide.
- In every location where you installed Content Manager, open IBM Cognos Configuration.
- In the Explorer window, under Security > Authentication, click the Active Directory namespace.
- In the Properties window, click in the Value column for Custom properties and click the edit icon.
- In the Value - Custom properties window, click Add.
- Click the Name column and type the name you want IBM Cognos components to use for the session parameter.
- Click the Value column and type the name of the account parameter in your Active Directory Server.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 for each custom parameter.
- Click OK.
- From the File menu, click Save.