Importing custom classes definitions and properties into IBM Content Manager 8
To use IBM® Cognos® content archival with IBM Content Manager 8, you must import a set of custom classes and properties files. You must also update the CMIS configuration file with the IBM Cognos folder types.
Custom classes definitions and properties include IBM Content Manager 8 specific metadata. You can install custom classes and properties files at any time.
As there is no Resource Manager that is defined during the installation process, there are conflict error messages during the import process.
Before you begin
You must have IBM Content Manager 8 installed with an IBM Content Manager 8 CMIS version 1.1 external repository.
- Open the Content Manager 8 System Administration Client.
- From the main menu, click .
- From the Import XML Options window, File
to import section:
- In the Data model file field, click Browse, and select the CMECMIntegrationTypes_RMImport_Manifest.xsd file from which you want to import the objects.
- In the Administrative objects file field, click Browse, and select the CMECMIntegrationTypes_RMImport_MimeTypes.xml file to import the Administrative objects file.
The default location is install_location/configuration/repository/contentManager8/New directory.
- To view conflicts, from the Import XML Options window, under Processing options, select Process interactively.
- Click Import to begin the import
- From the Import Preprocessor Results window, expand Item Types, and double-click an item type that indicates a conflict.
- From the Details of Import Definition and Target Definition window, in the Resulting Target column, select the names for the Resource Manager and Collection created when you installed Content Manager 8, and click Accept.
- Repeat steps a and b for each item type that indicates a conflict.
- After you resolve all the conflicts, from the Import Preprocessor Results window, click Continue.
- From the Confirm Import Selection window, click Import.
- After the import is complete, click OK.
- To update the CMIS configuration file to detect the IBM Cognos folder types, run the CMIS for Content Manager 8 configuration program to create a profile.
- Open the cmpathservice.properties file
in the IBM CMIS for Content
Manager configuration profiles folder.
For UNIX, the default file path is: /opt/IBM/CM_CMIS/profiles/profile1
For Windows, the default file path is: C:\Program Files\IBM\CM_CMIS\profiles\profile1
- Locate the folderTypes line.
- Add the IBM Cognos folders types COGNOSREPORT
and REPORTVERSION in uppercase. Separate each folder type by a comma.
For example, folderTypes = ClbFolder,COGNOSSREPORT,REPORTVERSION
- Save and close the file.
- Run the CMIS for Content Manager 8 configuration program
and select the option to redeploy the CMIS configuration file automatically.
Note: For more information about manually deploying CMIS, see Manually deploying IBM CMIS for Content Manager (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cmgmt/v8r4m0/topic/com.ibm.installingcmcmis.doc/cmsde001.htm).
- From the WebSphere® Application Server Liberty Profile administrative console, restart the CMIS for Content Manager Application.