Enabling data caching
You can enable server caching or local caching to improve performance.
Before you begin
About this task
You can configure Cognos® Analytics dashboards to use data caching.
- Click the Properties icon.
If you don't see the Properties icon, click the Switch to edit icon.
- For the entire dashboard or story, ensure that nothing else has focus by clicking the background, away from any visualization or object.
- Expand Advanced and select an option from the Server
data cache menu.
- This is the default option, which enables server caching. This setting reflects the data cache setting as it was specified by the modeler in a Framework Manager package or in a data module.
- This option enables local caching in the browser. The data cache option that was set by the
modeler in the package or data module is automatically disabled.Note: When the property Refresh automatically is enabled on a visualization, data is not cached for that visualization.
- No cache
- This option overrides the data cache option in the data module or package that was set by the modeler. Local caching is disabled. The query for data is sent to the server each time you make a change to a dashboard or story. Fresh data is always returned.
If you want to optimize local caching, see Specifying data elements for local caching.