Comparing data in the Assistant
The Assistant understands comparison-related questions. You can ask the Assistant to compare multiple columns or two data values with or without a timeline.
- How do marketing costs for the last two years compare?
- How has marketing cost changed between the last two years?
- What is the difference in marketing costs between the last two years?
- Compare marketing costs and profit for the last two years
- Compare the average ticket of Store A and Store B
When there is one data value and a timeline, the Assistant compares the same data value at different times. Example: What is the difference in marketing costs for the last 10 years?.
If you want to compare multiple measure columns with a timeline, the timeline only works as filter value. Example: Compare sales and profit for the last 10 years.
For a timeline matched column, the Assistant prioritizes the Timestamp column first, then the Date column, and lastly any other column.