Limiting data to top or bottom values in a dashboard visualization
You want to focus your visualization on the items of greatest significance to your business question. For example, you want to identify your top 100 customers and what that group of customers is worth.
You can limit the data to the top or bottom values of a set. Limiting keeps the amount of data that is shown in the work area small, even when you use large data sources.
You can define a top or bottom rule by specifying:
- A number, such as the 10 top or bottom performing sales people.
- A percentage, such as customers who contribute to the top 10% of overall revenue.
If the selected set contains a filter, then the top or bottom rule applies only to the included values. For example, if you apply a filter to show only retailers with revenue greater than 1.000.000 dollars, the bottom rule applies to the lowest values within those results.
You can filter a set of members to show only those members at the top or bottom and base the filter on the measure you are using.
- Tap the Edit or preview icon.
- Expand the visualization.
- Select a column, click the More icon , and click Top or bottom.
- Select whether to filter the Top count, Top %, Bottom count, or Bottom % values.
In the By field, specify a member that you want to use for the top or
Note: If individual data points have the same value, then the visualization shows all these values even if you specified a limit of, for example, 10 values.