Comparing two visualizations
You can create your own comparison to analyze the data between two visualizations. Or, you can start with a recommended comparison. In either case, a summary of key information and differences between the two visualizations is generated.
About this task
Complete the following steps to create a comparison between two visualizations.
Note: When you create a new visualization, you can select a blank comparison card with two slots for visualizations.
Click the Explorations icon in the side pane.
The Cards pane opens.
- Select a card to create a comparison. A visualization is displayed.
- On the toolbar, click Compare. The How do you want to compare? page is displayed with guidance on how to create your own comparison or start with a recommendation.
- Click Add card icon on a card thumbnail to add it to the list of cards in the navigation panel. Or, click the card thumbnail to add the new card and immediately view it.
- Optionally, modify the data in one visualization to compare with the other
- Select one of the two visualizations.
In the Fields tab, modify the visualization in
some of the following ways, for example:
- Remove filters.
- Show top or bottom count.
- Remove data items.
- From the Sources pane, add new data items or filters. Or, use search in the data fields. For more information, see Creating a visualization using search in data fields.