If IBM® Cognos® Analytics for Jupyter Notebook is enabled in IBM Cognos Analytics, you can work with notebook documents.
- Create and upload notebooks
- Create notebooks. Edit, save, copy, and move notebooks. When you open a notebook, you work in the Jupyter Notebook Editor.
- Create a notebook from the New icon .
- Upload notebooks that were created outside of Cognos Analytics. For more information, see Uploading external notebooks.
- Run and work with data in a notebook
- The CADataConnector API provides the read_data() and write_data() methods to read Cognos Analytics data sources and write to a data source. For example, you can run a notebook that reads external data, produces output, and saves the output as a data source.
- You can use the Python programming language in your notebooks.
- For more information, see Reading data from a data source and Writing data to a data source.
- Include notebook output in a dashboard, story, or report
- Embed the output from a notebook code cell in a dashboard, story, or report. For example, you
have a notebook that creates a visualization that is not available in Cognos
Analytics. You can add this visualization to a dashboard or story by embedding the code cell that creates
For more information about adding notebook output to a dashboard or story, see Adding a Notebook widget.
For more information about adding notebook output to a report, see Including output from a notebook.
To ensure that the notebook visualizations display properly in dashboards, use some coding best practices.
The samples show you how to work with notebooks in Cognos Analytics. If the samples are installed, you'll see them in . For more information, see Importing and configuring the Jupyter samples.