Configuring the Cognos Analytics gateway for Jupyter Notebook Server
If you installed the Cognos Analytics gateway and you want to integrate Cognos Analytics for Jupyter Notebook Server, you must edit the existing gateway configuration.
WebSocket communication is used between the Jupyter Notebook Server and the browser client.
About this task
The proxy layer in the Cognos Analytics service manages the dispatching of http:// and https:// traffic to the Jupyter server. However, it cannot broker WebSocket requests. Therefore, Notebook WebSocket requests must bypass the Cognos Analytics services layer and connect directly with the Jupyter service behind the Cognos Analytics service.
When Cognos Analytics is using a gateway, you can configure the bypassing of WebSocket traffic by adding a Rewrite Rule to the proxy specification. For more information, see Configuring the gateway.
- If you are using an Apache gateway, complete step 4 in the section Configuring Apache HTTP Server or IBM HTTP Server with Cognos Analytics.
- If you are using an IIS gateway, proceed as follows:
- Install WebSocket Protocol support in IIS. For more information, see WebSocket <webSocket> (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/configuration/system.webserver/web socket).
- Complete step 6 d in the section Configuring IIS in Cognos Analytics.
- Restart the Cognos Analytics service.