Import the extended samples
To use the sample packages and other content, you must import the sample deployment archives.
About this task
The Extended_Samples.zip archive contains the following deployments in the \content folder.
- Copy the deployment archive (.zip) file from the source location to the Deployment files location specified in Cognos® Configuration. The default Deployment files location location is <cognos_analytics_server_installation_location>/deployment.
- Use IBM Cognos Administration. to open
- On the Configuration tab, click Content Administration.
- On the toolbar, click the New Import button.
- Select the deployment to install in the first step of the New Import wizard and complete the remaining steps of the wizard.
- Repeat the previous step for each deployment that you wish to install.
- Create data server connections to the samples databases.
You can now use the sample packages to create reports and analyses. You can also run the sample reports that are available in Team content.