The sample Gantt custom visualization is a type of bar chart that illustrates a project schedule.
About this task
For more information about the Gantt custom visualization sample on IBM Accelerator Catalog, see https://community.ibm.com/accelerators/catalog/content/Gantt.
To view the source code and packed bundle (.zip file) for the Gantt sample custom visualization, go to this public GitHub repository. To download the files, navigate to the root of this directory and click Clone or download.
Gantt visualizations show the dependency relationships between activities and current schedule status. They list the tasks to be done on the vertical axis, and time intervals on the horizontal axis. The width of the horizontal bars in the graph shows the duration of each activity. Gantt visualizations illustrate the start and finish dates of the elements and summary elements of a project.
Gantt visualizations are supported as of IBM® Cognos® Analytics 11.1.6
- You can download the packed bundle (.zip file) and upload it directly into IBM Cognos Analytics.
- You can download the source code to create your own version of it to pack and upload into Cognos Analytics.
The following steps demonstrate how to use the stock heat map visualization and populate it with data.
- Create a dashboard and click the Visualization icon in the toolbar.
- Click the tab Custom. If there are no custom visuals available, then you can add a custom visual by clicking the Add a custom visual icon on the Custom tab.
- From the Custom visuals, select the waterfall visualization.
- Upload Gantt_sample_data.xlsx (https://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/data/sw-library/cognos/mobile/C11/custom_visualizations/data/Gantt_sample_data.xlsx) use it as the tab data source.
Create the pane Gantt visualization by dragging the following data items from
Gantt_sample_data.xlsx in the Sources pane :
If you have multiple items on the same row, the items are displayed next to each other.
- Drag Issuekeys onto the field Tasks.
- Drag Created onto the field Startdate.
- Drag Targetend onto the field Enddate.
- Drag Progress onto the field Color.
- Drag Summary onto the field Labels.
- Drag Fixversions and Progress onto the Columns field.
This sample Gantt visualization displays data from a fictional software development project. It shows a series of tasks that are scheduled over time with start/end dates, progress, and overlap.
What to do next
An explanation of the specific properties within this visualization that can be adjusted:
|x-axis placement||Position of the x-axis top or bottom.|