Adding points and regions to a schematic
You can enhance IBM® Cognos® Analytics schematics by using point or region information. Use point and region information by adding a layer on the schematic to display the additional information.
- Create a report.
- From the Insertable objects tab, drag Visualizations on the canvas.
- Click the Custom section.
- Select the schematic that you want to use.
- In the left pane, click the Add report data icon , select report data that contains region or point data.
On the data slot pane, click the down arrow and select:
- In the left pane, expand your data items and drag point or region data to the Locations data slot.
- Drag a measure to the Location color or Point color data slot.
- Select Page preview to run the report. Note: You can also click to run the report.
- Select Page design to return to page design mode. If you ran the report from Run options, close the tab, which returns you to page design mode.
A schematic example that displays a UK Parliament House of commons SVG. Seat keys are mapped to constituencies.The Regions layer shows a leave or stay. The Points layer shows the leave estimate.