Adding a drill-through definition to a report
About this task
When creating drill-through definitions for visualizations with filters, the filter values affect the context that is passed to the target report in the following ways:
- If you use a column with a range filter as a drill-through source, the range is passed to the target report.
- If you use an Include condition, all of the values included in the filter are passed to the target report.
- If you use an Exclude condition, none of the values in the filter are passed to the target report.
- Select the visualization that you want to work with.
- In the toolbar, click the Drill-through icon.
- Click Add a new drill-through.
If you don't see the Add a new drill-through icon, click the Switch to edit icon on the app bar first.
From the Team content folder, browse to the target report that you want
to drill through to.
- If the drill-through target report has prompts, use the drop-down lists to associate the columns from your visualization to the prompts in the target report. A filter must have at least one value selected before the associated column is displayed in the list of possible source columns.
- If the drill-through target report does not have prompts, continue to create the drill-through definition. However, the target report will not receive any context from the visualization.
Select the check box to add the drill-through definition to all visualizations in your
dashboard or story that use the same data source in the same connection.
When you are done, use the switcher on the app bar to return to your dashboard or story.