Upgrade your report specifications
Report specifications will have changed from one version of IBM® Cognos® Analytics to another. You must upgrade any report specifications created in previous versions of the product.
If you are upgrading from a backup of your existing content store, you should upgrade the report specifications after you have started the services.
If you are moving content to a new version using deployment archives, you can choose to upgrade the import specifications during the import.
If you moved your content using deployment archive you may have selected the option to upgrade your report specifications. If you upgraded the report specifications during the import, you do not have to do it again.
Before you begin
- Open IBM Cognos Administration.
- On the Configuration tab, click Content Administration.
- Click the arrow on the new content maintenance button on the toolbar, and then click New Report Upgrade
- Type a name for the upgrade task and, if you want, a description and screen tip. Click Next.
- Select the packages and locations for the report specification you want to upgrade. Click
If you upgrade report specifications by package, all reports in the content store that are based on the model in the package will be upgraded. If you upgrade report specifications by folder, all reports in the folder will be upgraded.
- Choose one of the following:
- Save and run once opens the run with options page.
- Save and schedule opens the scheduling tool.
- Save only allows you to save the upgrade so that you can run it at a later time.