Tuning WebSphere Liberty Profile
In production environments, tune the WebSphere Liberty Profile to allow for the maximum number of concurrent users you expect by adjusting the coreThreads and maxThreads values in the Advanced properties of the resources. These values set the core and maximum executor thread counts.
- Start IBM® Cognos® Configuration.
- In the Explorer window, under Environment, under IBM Cognos services click the Resources name (default is IBM Cognos).
- In the Properties window, next to Advanced properties, click inside the Value box, and then click the edit icon .
- Adjust the parameter values as needed.
Table 1. Service Resource parameter names and values Parameter Name Value coreThreads
The core number of threads that the WebSphere Liberty Profile server starts up with. If this value is less than 0, a default value is used. This default value is calculated based on the number of hardware threads on the system.
The maximum number of threads that can be associated with the WebSphere Liberty Profile server.
For more information, refer to the WebSphere Liberty Profile knowledge center, Tuning the Liberty profile (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSEQTP_liberty/com.ibm.websphere.wlp.doc/ae/twlp_tun.html).
- From the File menu, click Save.