Adjusting the memory resources for the IBM Cognos service
To improve performance in a distributed environment, you can change the amount of resources that the IBM® Cognos® service uses.
By default, the IBM Cognos service is configured to use minimal memory resources to optimize startup time.
The configuration settings for the IBM Cognos service apply only to the application server that IBM Cognos Analytics uses by default. If you want to configure IBM Cognos Analytics to run on another application server, do not use IBM Cognos Configuration to configure the resources. Instead, configure the resources within that application server environment.
The IBM Cognos service is available only on the computers where you installed Content Manager or the Application Tier Components.
- Start IBM Cognos Configuration.
- In the Explorer window, expand , and then click IBM Cognos.
- In the Properties window, change
the value for Maximum memory in MB.
- To reduce the startup time, memory footprint, and resources that are used, use the default setting of 4096.
- This value can be adjusted based on available system resources.
- From the File menu, click Save.