The following examples are available that illustrate the use of extensions.
These sample files are installed with the product in an Easy Installation, and are an option in a Custom Installation. After product installation, you can find them in the installation_location/samples/extensions folder.
- An extension that adds a button to open a dashboard in all views.
- An extension that adds a button to open a folder in all views.
- An extension that creates a custom view and adds a button () to the navigation bar in all views that opens the custom view.
- An extension that adds a button to open a report in all views.
- An extension that adds a button to open a website in all views.
- An extension that adds a menu item () to the pop-up menu for all report objects. When selected, the menu item opens an alert that displays information about the report.
- An extension that adds custom images that can be used in dashboards.
- An extension that adds custom images that can be used in both dashboards and reports.
- An extension that adds custom shapes that can be used in dashboards.
- An extension that removes the Delete button from all objects in all views.
- An extension that removes the Notifications button from all views.
- An extension that adds a menu to all views.
- An extension that demonstrates how to add a menu to the AppBar that contains two menu items that open external URLs.
- An extension that shows the use of the
skipAncestorsoption when opening a folder.
- An extension that combines the SampleExtensionButtonDashboard.zip, SampleExtensionButtonFolder.zip, SampleExtensionButtonWebsite.zip, SampleExtensionButtonReport.zip, SampleExtensionContextMenuItem.zip, SampleExtensionExcludeDelete.zip, SampleExtensionMenuQuicklinks.zip, and SampleExtensionExcludeNotifications.zip extensions.
- An extension that adds a collection of tabs to the home view that provide quick access to certain reports and dashboards.
- An extension that adds a customized URL to the Help icon menu in the top Application Bar in all
perspectives.Note: As of release 11.1.6, SampleExtensionHelpMenu.zip is no longer supported.