Creating a new export deployment specification
An export deployment specification defines the content that must be exported.
For information about exporting content in a multitenant IBM® Cognos® Analytics environment, see Tenant content deployment.
Before you begin
If you want to preserve data source access accounts when you export a content store, then you must select Include user account information. If you want to preserve configuration information when you export, then you can set the CM.DEPLOYMENTINCLUDECONFIGURATION advanced setting to TRUE. For more information, see Including configuration objects and their children in deployments.
- In the source environment, open IBM Cognos Administration.
- On the Configuration tab, click Content Administration.
- On the toolbar, click the New Export icon . The New Export wizard appears.
- Type a unique name and an optional description and screen tip for the deployment specification. Select the folder where you want to save it and click Next.
- Choose whether to export the entire content store or to
do a partial export of specific content:
- To export specific content, click Select public folders, directory and library content. Click Next and proceed to step 7.
- To export the entire content store, click Select the entire content store and select whether to include user account information. Click Next and proceed to step 15.
- In the Select the Public folders content page, click Add.
- In the Select entries page, in the Available
Entries box, select one of the following entries or their
- Public Folders
Contains packages and folders. Select the packages and folders that you want to export.
Contains namespaces, namespace folders, groups and roles, and individual user accounts. When you select a user account, all content associated with the user, including the content of the user's My Folders, is included in the export.
Contains library resources, such as visualizations.
- Public Folders
- Click the arrow icon to move the selected items to the Selected entries box, and click OK.
- For each entry that you are exporting, do one of the following:
- If you want the entry to have a different name in the target environment, or if you want to change the target location or add multilingual names, click the Edit icon , make your changes, and click OK.
- If you do not want users to access the entries and their contents, select the check box in the Disable after import column. This is useful, for example, when you want to test the reports before you make them available in the target environment.
- Under Options, select whether you want to include the report output versions, run history, and schedules and what to do with entries in case of a conflict.
- In the Select the directory content page, select whether you want to export Cognos groups and roles, distribution lists and contacts, and data sources and connections and what to do with the entries in case of a conflict.
- In the Specify the general options page, select whether to include access permissions and references to namespaces other than IBM Cognos, and who should own the entries after they are imported in the target environment.
- Specify the Recording Level for the deployment history. For more information, see Recording Deployment Details.
- In the Specify a deployment archive page,
under Deployment archive, select an existing
deployment archive from the list, or type a new name to create one.
If you are typing a new name for the deployment archive, do not use spaces in the name. If the name of the new deployment specification matches the name of an existing deployment archive, the characters _# are added to the end of the name, where # is a number such as 1.
- Under Encryption, click Set the encryption password, type a password, and click OK.
- Click Next. The summary information appears.
- Review the summary information and click Next.
If you want to change the information, click Back and follow the instructions.
- Specify how to run the export deployment specification:
- To run now or later, click Save and run once and click Finish. Specify the time and date for the run. Then click Run. Review the run time and click OK.
- To schedule at a recurring time, click Save and schedule and
click Finish. Then, select frequency, start
and end dates, and click OK.Tip:
To temporarily disable the schedule, select the Disable the schedule check box. To view the schedule status, see Managing scheduled activities.
- To save without scheduling or running, click Save only, and click Finish.