Many IBM® COBOL programs will compile without change under Enterprise COBOL.
- Programs compiled with the CMPR2 compiler option
- Programs that have SOM-based object-oriented COBOL syntax
- Programs that use words which are now reserved in Enterprise COBOL
- Programs that have undocumented IBM COBOL extensions
- Programs that contain the format 2 declarative syntax: USE...AFTER...LABEL PROCEDURE..., and optionally the syntax: GO TO MORE-LABELS.
For details, see Upgrading IBM COBOL source programs.