Installing bundled products
You must manually install the Helm charts for other products that are included with your IBM® Cloud Private package.
You can obtain the compressed files for these products from IBM Passport Advantage .
Required user type or access level: Cluster administrator or team administrator
Before you load a chart, complete the following prerequisites:
- Install IBM Cloud Private. See Installing a standard IBM Cloud Private environment.
- Install the IBM Cloud Private CLI and log in to your cluster. See Installing the IBM Cloud Private CLI.
- Configure authentication from your computer to the Docker private image registry host and log in to the private registry. See Configuring authentication for the Docker CLI.
- If you are not a root user, ensure that your account is part of the
dockergroup. See Post-installation steps for Linux in the Docker documentation.
- Ensure that you have a stable network connection between your computer and the cluster.
To install the packaged products:
- Obtain the compressed file from Passport Advantage.
Ensure that you have enough disk space to load the images in the compressed files to your computer.
Check the Docker disk usage. Run the following command:
docker system df
For more command options, see docker system df in the Docker documentation.
- If you need more disk space, take one of the following actions:
- Remove old Docker images.
- Increase the amount of storage that the Docker daemon uses. To increase the amount of storage that the Docker daemon uses, see the entry for
dm.basesizein the dockerd Docker documentation.
If you have not, log in to your cluster from the IBM Cloud Private CLI and log in to the Docker private image registry.
bx pr login -a https://<cluster_CA_domain>:8443 --skip-ssl-validation docker login <cluster_CA_domain>:8500
cluster_CA_domainis the certificate authority (CA) domain. If you did not specify a CA domain, the default value is
mycluster.icp. See Specifying your own certificate authority (CA) for IBM Cloud Private services.
Install the file from Passport Advantage:
bx pr load-ppa-archive --archive <compressed_file_name> [--clustername <cluster_CA_domain>] [--namespace <namespace>]
compressed_file_nameis the name of the file that you downloaded from Passport Advantage,
cluster_CA_domainis the (CA) domain, and
namespaceis the Docker namespace that hosts the Docker image. Note: Unless you specify an imagePullSecret, you can access this image from only the namespace that hosts it.
View the charts in the IBM Cloud Private Catalog.
- From the IBM Cloud Private management console navigation menu, click Admin > Repositories.
Click Sync Repositories.
Required user type or access level to sync, add, or remove repositories: Cluster administrator
From the navigation menu, select Catalog.
The new Helm charts load into the Catalog, and you can install them into your cluster.
Note: You can load the Helm charts by using only the Catalog. You cannot load the charts by using the Helm CLI.