IBM Cloud Pak foundational services Catalog
By using the Catalog to manage your charts and apps, you can browse and install packages in your cluster from Helm charts.
The Catalog displays Helm charts, which contain application packages that can run as Kubernetes services. The packages are stored in repositories. The Catalog contains one repository connection by default, but you can connect to other repositories. After you connect to a repository, you can access its charts from the Catalog. Application developers can also develop applications and publish them in the Catalog so that other users can easily access and install the applications.
Actions that are available to you in the Catalog are determined by role-based access control. For more information, see Role-based access control.
Finding the Catalog
- Log in to the console.
- From the horizontal navigation menu, click Catalog
Searching the Catalog
From the Catalog page, you can view Helm charts by category. Click on one of the following categories to view charts in that category:
- Business Automation
- Data Science & Analytics
- Runtimes and Framework
For easier navigation, you can search items and filter the Helm charts based on the following classifications:
- Release type
- Beta - Early release charts that are officially announced.
- Tech Preview - Charts that are not yet announced but available for early review.
- Limited use - Charts that can be used for development trials and evaluations(no charge charts)
- Commercial use - Charts that can be used for production (paid charts)
- Linux® on Power® (ppc64le)
- Linux® on IBM® Z and LinuxONE
- Repository name
Accessing the Catalog by using proxy servers
To access the Catalog by using proxy servers, you can either enable proxy access during installation of your cluster, or by editing the Helm deployment after you install your cluster.
- To enable proxy access, during installation, set the
tiller_https_proxyparameters in the
config.yamlfile. See Customizing the cluster with the config.yaml file.
- To enable access after you install your cluster, complete the following steps:
- From the navigation menu, click Workloads > Deployments.
- For the
helm-apideployment, select Action > Edit. The deployment's JSON file is displayed.
- Update the
HTTPS_PROXYvariables with the values for your proxy URLs. Ensure to include protocol and port.
- Click Submit. The deployment restarts, and access to the catalog by proxy servers is set up.
Reviewing the Helm chart collection
For more information about the default applications that are available in the Catalog, see the following topics.