k8sdc-cr-k8monitor and ua-mgmt-ua-cloud-monitoring pods are not created after installing Monitoring DataProvider Management
After installing Monitoring DataProvider Management, the
ua-mgmt-ua-cloud-monitoring pods are not created.
For remote deployment, the cause is that the cluster namespace is not assigned to a team in Identity and Access.
For local deployment, it can be caused by the following reasons.
- Command in
crtSecrets.txtis not executed on the managed cluster.
- There is reconcile error in
- Command in
Resolving the problem
For remote deployment, assign the cluster namespace to a team for account.
- In the IBM Cloud Pak console, click Administer > Identity and Access and then click the Teams tab.
- Click a team and then click the Resource tab.
- Click Manage resources, select your managed cluster, and then click Save.
- In the IBM Cloud Pak console, click Monitoring Health > Infrastructure monitoring to trigger automation, by which pods are automatically created in a short time.
If the previous step does not work, restart the
icam-ibm-cem-cem-userspods on the IBM Cloud Pak® for Multicloud Management hub cluster.
oc delete $(oc get pods -n management-monitoring -o name | grep 'cem-brokers\|cem-users') -n management-monitoring
For local deployment, do the following steps.
- If you install Monitoring DataProvider Management from OperatorHub, follow steps 11-15 of Local deployment from OperatorHub
- If you install Monitoring DataProvider Management by script, follow steps 6-10 of Local deployment by script.
ibm-dc-autoconfig-operatorby running the following command:
kubectl delete $(kubectl get po -l app=ibm-dc-autoconfig-operator -n cp4mcm-cloud-native-monitoring -o name) -n cp4mcm-cloud-native-monitoring