Day 2: Getting up and running
Unlike Day 0 and Day 1, the scope of your interaction with IBM Cloud Pak® for Multicloud Management increases dramatically on Day 2. It's time to start working with your peers and get going!
Now that IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management is installed, bring it to life by deploying additional operators, customizing your configurations, and optimizing the IBM Cloud Pak's performance. Identify what you still need from the default installation in Day 1, and work with your team to get ready for production. For more information about IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management persona descriptions, see Personas.
By the end of Day 2, you and your team are effectively running: ready to tightly monitor security, minimize operational risk to your organization, and have your developers ready to go at breakneck speed. Day 2 is your gateway to:
- Increasing developer, compliance team, and SRE productivity
- Improving the quality of your releases
- Shortening time to market
- Minimizing risk
- Driving down the cost of IT infractions
For more information about Day 2 activities, see the following topics:
Required user type or access level: Cluster administrator
- Install operators
- Customize parameters
- Deploy operands on your hub cluster
- Deploy operands on your managed cluster
- Configure LDAP
- Onboard users
- If you installed Monitoring operator, you can install Cloud Native Monitoring, agents, data collectors, and plug-ins.
- Enable Kong as API Gateway
- Install a podified version of Infrastructure management
- Install Ansible Tower
- Enabling Ansible Tower for the Govern Risk dashboard
- Install partner products
- Integrate with IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management
- Use Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management to import a target managed cluster to the hub cluster .