Configuring Microsoft Azure as an event source
Microsoft Azure provides monitoring services for Azure resources. You can set up an integration with Cloud Event Management to receive alert information from Microsoft Azure. The Microsoft Azure integration is only available in Monitoring, Advanced.
About this task
Using a webhook URL, alerts generated by Microsoft Azure monitoring are sent to the Monitoring service as events.
- Go to Administer > Monitoring > Integrations on the IBM Cloud Pak console.
- Click Configure an integration.
- Go to the Microsoft Azure tile and click Configure.
- Enter a name for the integration and click Copy to add the generated webhook URL to the clipboard. Ensure you save the generated webhook to make it available later in the configuration process. For example, you can save it to a file.
- Click Save.
- Log in to your Microsoft Azure account.
- Go to the Dashboard and select the resource you want event information from. Click the resource name.
- Go to MONITORING in the navigation menu and click Alert rules.
- Click Add alert.
Set up the rule as follows:
- Enter a name for the rule and add a description.
- Select the metric that you want this alert rule to monitor for the selected resource.
- Set a condition and enter a threshold value for the metric. When the threshold value for the set condition is reached, an alert is generated and sent as an event to Monitoring.
- Select the time period to monitor the metric data.
- Optional: Set up email notification.
- Paste the webhook URL into the Webhook field. This is the generated URL provided by Monitoring.
- Click OK.
To start receiving alert information from Microsoft Azure, ensure that Enable event management from this source is set to On in Monitoring.