Configuring Dynatrace as an event source
Dynatrace provides application performance monitoring. You can set up an integration with Monitoring to receive problem notifications from Dynatrace. The Dynatrace integration is only available in Monitoring, Advanced.
About this task
Use a webhook URL and a custom payload to set up the integration between Dynatrace and Monitoring.
- Go to Administer > Monitoring > Integrations on the IBM Cloud Pak console.
- Click Configure an integration.
- Go to the Dynatrace tile and click Configure.
- Enter a name for the integration and click Copy to add the generated webhook URL to the clipboard. Ensure you save the generated webhook to make it available later in the configuration process. For example, you can save it to a file.
- Go to step 3 and click Copy to add the custom payload to the clipboard. Ensure you save the custom payload to make it available later in the configuration process. For example, you can save it to a file.
- Click Save.
Log in to your account at https://www.dynatrace.com/ and set up a custom integration:
- Go to Settings -> Integration -> Problem notifications.
- Click Set up notifications, and select Custom integration.
- On the Set up custom integration page, paste the webhook URL from Monitoring in the Webhook URL field.
- Paste the custom payload from Monitoring in the Custom payload field.
- Click Save.
For more information about setting up custom integrations in Dynatrace, see https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/problem-detection/problem-notification/how-can-i-set-up-outgoing-problem-notifications-using-a-webhook/.
Set the alerting rules for
Custom alertsin Dynatrace as described in https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/problem-detection/problem-notification/how-can-i-filter-problem-notifications-with-alerting-profiles/.
The alerting rules determine what problem notifications are sent to Monitoring as events.
Set the anomaly detection sensitivity for infrastructure components in Dynatrace as described in >https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/problem-detection/anomaly-detection/how-do-i-adjust-anomaly-detection-for-infrastructure-components/.
The detection sensitivity and alert thresholds determine what problem notifications are sent to Monitoring as events.
- To start receiving problem notifications as events from Dynatrace, ensure that Enable event management from this source is set to On in Monitoring.