Troubleshooting content related issues and useful links
Learn how to isolate and resolve problems with the Managed services Middleware Content Runtime.
The following logs are useful in determining deployment failures:
- Middleware product logs for installation and configuration issues
- Template deployment instance logs
- Chef client logs
- Chef server logs
- Content Runtime Pattern Manager log (on Content Runtime Instance)
If you have a question about Managed services Content Middleware templates, check the dedicated Stack Overflow channel to see whether it is already answered. If not, post your question and it will be answered by a member of the Middleware Template development team or the wider community.
- When you correct a public key of content runtime and redeploy the middleware template, the template deployment might still fail due to key pair mismatch. As middleware deployments do not update content runtime variables on plan and apply, deployment fails even if you destroy (not delete) the middleware template and use plan and apply to recreate it.
- Managed services content does not configure yum repos. Ensure that a correct configuration is set in the image template.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server IBM Documentation
- IBM Db2 Documentation
- IBM MQ Documentation
- Chef Documentation
Template deployment failures
- Starter Library templates are not loaded
- SSH handshake failure
- Terraform provider does not support resource
- SSH key not found
- Node already registered with the Chef server
- Failure cleanup does not occur
- Known issues with VMware vSphere
- Recovering the Content Runtime
- Bootstrap fails with knife sudo password error
- Troubleshooting issues in IBM Cloud Pak® for Multicloud Management or OpenShift Container Platform template deployments