Service library view
The Service library view displays the deployable services and applications. It also displays the deployed instances.
You can use this view to deploy the services/applications and view details of the same. The service library view can be refreshed at particular interval by using the
Autorefresh menu. The default is 10 seconds. You can also disable
Here is a usage scenario of using Service library:
A typical IT administrator defines a new service by using the service composer, tests it and when he is ready, publishes it to the Service library. He can decide which parameters he wants to expose to the user and can hide most of the complexity around provisioning from the user.
A typical user, a developer in a specific department can access the Service library and can see only those services that her role allows her to. She can go to the Service library to self-service provision infrastructure and applications.
To access the Service library, go to IBM Cloud Pak® for Multicloud Management console and click Automate infrastructure > Service library.
Services tab, a tiled list of published services and applications is displayed. The list of services and applications is sorted according to the category. Clicking the service deploys that service to your environment. You can
search a service by using Search services option or search by category.
For more information about applications, see the following topics:
For more information about services, see the following topics:
Instances tab, a list of all deployed service and application instances is displayed. If needed, you can use the search box to filter the listed instances.
For each instance, the following information is displayed:
- The name of the instance
- The name of the service
- The status of the instance, Executed or Terminated
- The date and time when the service was deployed
A typical operation user can access all the following instance actions from the overflow menu:
- View: For more information, see Viewing service instance details.
- Edit: For more information, see Editing a service instance.
- Custom actions: For more information, see Custom actions.
- Retry/resume : For more information, see Resuming or retrying a service instance.
- Applicable only for
Retrytries to deploy the instance from the beginning of the execution.
Resumetries to resume deploying the instance from the point of failure.
- Applicable only for
- Upgrade/downgrade: For more information, see Upgrading or downgrading a service instance
- Terminate/Delete: For more information, see Terminating and deleting a service instance.
Activeinstances can be terminated.
Terminatedinstances can be deleted.