Collecting data for Managed services
This section explains how and which data you must collect when you encounter problems in the Managed services. If you gather this information before contacting the IBM Support team, it expedites the troubleshooting process and saves time.
Before contacting IBM Support, you can try to find a resolution to the problem on your own. First, check Stack Overflow or the Troubleshooting sections to see whether your problem has been reported already.
If you are looking for examples, tutorials or more detailed information regarding specific Managed services topics, review the following links:
- Go through the other topics in this IBM Documentation.
- IBM Cloud Automation Manager Developer Community
If you see problems during the installation of Managed services, ensure that you have completed all the requirements from Plan your cluster and Prepare for installation correctly. That should solve most of your installation problems.
General troubleshooting information
If problem persists after self-diagnose, collect the following troubleshooting data:
- A detailed description of the problem. Be as precise as possible, include information where you see the issue, which steps you followed and if this can be reproduced every time or only happens intermittently.
- The error message (if any) and the timestamp of the error.
- Examples of the environment data that you can collect:
- Production/test/staging environment
- Managed services version
- IBM Cloud Pak® for Multicloud Management version
- Online or Offline installation
- Proxy or network restrictions
- Cloud provider
- Available disk space
- Screen captures that can help to understand the issue
- Did this work previously? If yes, what has changed? Any recent modifications to the system/configuration/version?
- Have any corrective actions been tried already?
- Did you apply any fixes from Fix Central or any other patches?
- Did you customize Kubernetes or any third-party component?
- Provide the business impact this issue is having on your company, including any upcoming deadlines as well as any realized or potential effect on customers.
Automatically collecting troubleshooting data
camCollector script, which can be downloaded from GitHub or find it included in the Helm Chart.
For more information, see Collecting logs using camCollector script.
What to do next
After you collect the troubleshooting data, either review it on your own or send it to the IBM support team. If you have already opened a case for the issue, you can upload the data to that case directly by using the IBM Support Portal . If the data is too large or any other problems occur, see Enhanced Customer Data Repository to check alternative ways to exchange data.
You can also ask short questions in the public IBM Cloud Pak® for Multicloud Management slack channel . However, for more complex issues, the recommendation is to open a case by using the IBM Support Portal .
Note: Do not send any confidential information from your company.