Sending incident details to Microsoft Teams
Configure this outgoing integration to send incident information to a Microsoft Teams channel from notifications when added as a recipient to an incident policy, and that incident policy matches an incident. The Microsoft Teams integration is only available in Monitoring, Advanced.
About this task
Note: IBM is providing a link to this third party channel as a convenience to you.
IBM does not control the processing or security of that third party channel and is not responsible for that processing or security.
You are responsible for determining whether or not the third party channel meets your requirements in terms of processing, security and privacy.
To set up a Microsoft Teams integration:
- Go to Administer > Monitoring > Integrations on the IBM Cloud Pak console.
- Click the Outgoing tab, and click Configure an integration.
- Go to the Microsoft Teams tile and click Configure.
In the Create the outgoing integration with Microsoft Teams window, provide the details for the integration:
- In the Name field, enter a name for the outgoing Microsoft Teams integration.
- In the Enter a Microsoft Teams webhook URL field, provide the webhook from Microsoft Teams. This is the URL that is used to send information to Microsoft Teams from Monitoring. To obtain the webhook URL:
- Open Microsoft Teams and click the Store icon on the sidebar.
- Type incoming webhook in the search box and select the Incoming Webhook connector.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to select a team, channel, and name for Monitoring.
- After creating the webhook, you are given a URL to copy and paste here.
Set Enable integration to On.
- Click Save. The Microsoft Teams integration tile is added to the outgoing integrations page.
- On the Integrations page, ensure that you set Enablement to On for Microsoft Teams to allow Microsoft Teams to receive notifications from Monitoring.
- To send notifications about incidents to Microsoft Teams channels, set up Incident policies as described in Managing incident policies.
What to do next
- Notifications from Monitoring to Microsoft Teams include information about the incident such as incident state, priority, description, and links to view the incident details in the Monitoring UI.
- To delete an existing Microsoft Teams integration, on the Integrations page click the actions menu on the Microsoft Teams tile and select Delete.