z/VM Cloud Manager Appliance on OpenStack
Managed services can now manage IBM z/VM 7.1 virtual machines using the IBM Cloud Infrastructure Center.
About the task
For more information about IBM Cloud Infrastructure Center, see Documentation . You must configure OpenStack cloud connection.
For Managed services to access your IBM Cloud Infrastructure Center OpenStack environment, you must provide the value of the following parameters:
- Authentication URL - Enter the authentication URL. It is used for the purpose of identification. The syntax is http://IP_ADDRESS:5000/v3. Here, v3 refers to version 3 of the keystone identity API.
- User Name - Enter the user name that is used to log into OpenStack server.
- Password - Enter the password of the OpenStack user.
- Domain Name - Enter the keystone domain name. Default is the IBM Cloud Infrastructure Center default.
- Region - Enter the region of the cloud OpenStack. RegionOne is the IBM Cloud Infrastructure Center default.
- Project Name - Enter the name of the project that is supported by OpenStack and is within the specified domain.
For more information about these values, see OpenStack Provider.