Integrating ITM V6 agents
If you have IBM® Tivoli® Monitoring agents or ITCAM agents (referred to as V6 agents) connecting to Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server, you can configure these agents to connect to the Monitoring server and then view monitoring data on the IBM Cloud Pak console.
When you configure the V6 agents to connect to the Monitoring server, you can specify the following connection modes:
- Use icam to connect the V6 agent to Monitoring server and disconnect from Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server.
- Use dual to connect the V6 agent to both Monitoring server and Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server.
- Use itm to connect the V6 agent to Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server and disconnect from Monitoring server.
See the following table to find out which V6 agents are supported to connect to the Monitoring server and which V6 agents support dual connection mode.
|Agent name||Dual connection mode supported|
|Cisco UCS agent||No|
|Citrix VDI agent||No|
|HTTP Server agent||Yes|
|IBM Integration Bus agent||Yes|
|Linux OS agent||Yes|
|Linux KVM agent||Yes|
|Microsoft Hyper-V Server agent||No|
|Microsoft IIS agent||No|
|Microsoft SQL Server agent||No|
|NetApp Storage agent||Yes|
|Oracle Database agent||Yes|
|SAP agent Version 7.1.1 Fix Pack 6 Interim Fix 1||No|
|SAP HANA Database agent Version 7.1.0 Fix Pack 4||No|
|UNIX OS agent||Yes|
|VMware VI agent||Yes|
|WebSphere Applications agent||Yes|
|IBM MQ (formerly WebSphere MQ) agent||Yes|
|Windows OS agent||No|
- An agent patch is provided to configure the V6 agent for server connection. However, this agent patch cannot be applied on the system where the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server or the Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server is also installed.
- If you have Tivoli Monitoring private situations, don't try to connect to the Monitoring server (don't run the
agent2server_itmscript) unless the server has been upgraded to V2019.2.1.1 or later. Otherwise, some configuration files might get deleted.
- When the supported V6 agent is configured to connect to the Monitoring server, unsupported agents that are installed on the same system remain connected to the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server.
- You can reconfigure the V6 agents to connect back to the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server. However, data collected when the V6 agent connects to the Monitoring server cannot be retrieved from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server.