Configuring WebSphere Applications monitoring
The WebSphere Applications agent does not need any configuration after agent installation, unless you want to change the default port. However, you must configure the data collector, which is a component of the agent, to set up monitoring for your WebSphere environment.
Before you begin
The directions here are for the most current release of this agent. For information about how to check the version of an agent in your environment, see Agent version command. For detailed information about the agent version list and what's new for each version, see Change history.
About this task
Remember: Diagnostics and transaction tracking data are not yet supported by Monitoring. Do NOT enable diagnostics data or transaction tracking for the data collector.
- (Fast track) To quickly set up the environment for monitoring, see Fast track: Configuring the data collector for WebSphere Applications agent for a simplified configuration flow.
- (Simple configuration) For a complete configuration flow for Monitoring, see Configuring the data collector with the simple configuration utility.
- (Full configuration) To configure the data collector with more customization options, use the full configuration utilities. For instructions, see Configuring or reconfiguring the data collector with full configuration utilities.
- (Silent configuration) To deploy the same monitoring for many application server instances, configure the data collector in silent mode. For instructions, see Configuring the data collector in silent mode.
- (WebSphere Portal Server) To monitor WebSphere Portal Server instances, use the advanced configuration procedure. For instructions, see Configuring or reconfiguring the data collector with full configuration utilities.
- (Manual configuration) If you cannot use the provided configuration utilities to configure the data collector for WebSphere Applications agent, manually configure the data collector in the WebSphere Administrative Console. For instructions, see Manually configure the data collector if the configuration utilities fail.