Configuring IBM Integration Bus monitoring
The IBM Integration Bus agent is a multiple instance agent. You must create a first agent instance and start it manually.
Before you begin
- The directions here are for the most current release of this agent. For information about how to check the version of an agent in your environment, see Agent version command. For detailed information about the agent version list and what's new for each version, see Change history.
- Make sure that the system requirements for the IBM Integration Bus agent are met in your environment. For the up-to-date system requirement information, see the Detailed system requirements report for the IBM Integration Bus agent.
- Make sure the user ID that will be used to start and stop the IBM Integration Bus agent belongs to the mqm and mqbrkrs user groups.
If IBM MQ (WebSphere® MQ) is installed on the Windows system, add the IBM MQ (WebSphere MQ) library path to the
PATHenvironment variable so that the IBM Integration Bus agent can load the required IBM MQ (WebSphere MQ) libraries to start.
a. Add the IBM MQ (WebSphere MQ) library path to the beginning of the
PATH environment variable. For example, if the installation path of IBM MQ (WebSphere MQ) is
C:\IBM\WMQ75\binto the beginning of the
PATHenvironment variable of your Windows system.
b. Restart the Windows system for the changes to take effect.
Configure the IBM Integration Bus agent by specifying the following configuration parameters. There are also some optional configuration parameters that you can specify for the agent. For detailed instructions, see Configuring the IBM Integration Bus agent.
- Agent ID
- The installation directory of integration nodes (brokers) that are to be monitored
- The 64-bit library path of IBM MQ (WebSphere MQ)
Configure IBM Integration Bus to enable the data that you want to monitor. See Configuring IBM Integration Bus for data enablement.
- If you have enabled snapshot data collection for your integration node (broker), configure the IBM Integration Bus agent not to store any snapshot data. For instructions, see Disabling snapshot data collection for the agent.