Overview – Installation
A IBM Cloud Pak® for Integration installation consists of a Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform cluster with one or more Cloud Pak for Integration operators installed and one or more instances of Platform UI deployed.
Before you begin
- prepared a Red Hat OpenShift cluster with appropriate storage (following the guidance in Planning).
- plan to install the operators yourself.
- Mirror the images. If your cluster is in a restricted (air-gapped) network environment, you need to follow the steps in Mirroring images for an air-gapped cluster.
- Add the catalog sources, which makes the operators available to your cluster, by following the steps in Adding catalog sources to a cluster.
- Install the operators. An operator must be installed for each capability before an instance of that capability can be deployed. Use the applicable procedure:
Add the entitlement key. If you are using an internet-connected cluster, you need to add your entitlement key to namespaces where you want to deploy Cloud Pak for Integration instances so that images can be pulled from the IBM Entitled Container Fulfillment Registry. Use the applicable procedure:
- Deploy the Platform UI, which allows you to deploy and manage your instances from a central location. Use the applicable procedure:
- Deploy instances of IBM Cloud Pak for Integration capabilities that you intend to use. For more information, see Deploying instances of capabilities.