A IBM Cloud Pak® for Integration installation consists of a Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform cluster with one or more Cloud Pak for Integration operators installed and one or more Cloud Pak for Integration capabilities and runtimes deployed.
Before you begin
- prepared a Red Hat OpenShift cluster with appropriate storage (following the guidance in Planning for installation).
- plan to install the operators yourself.
- If you are installing on an internet-connected cluster using the OpenShift web console, you can follow Express installation to get up-and-running quickly. Express installation covers all phases of installation up to, but not including, deploying instances of capabilities and runtimes. If you prefer not to use express installation, begin with step 2.
- Begin by making IBM Cloud Pak for Integration's operators available to the cluster.
- If your cluster has direct access to the internet, see Adding online catalog sources to your OpenShift cluster.
- If your cluster is in a restricted (air-gapped) network environment, see Mirroring in a restricted (air-gapped) environment.
- When the operators are available to your cluster, install them using the Operator Lifecycle
Manager. An operator must be installed for each capability or runtime before that capability or
runtime can be deployed.
- To install using the OpenShift web console, follow Installing the operators using the Openshift console.
- To install using the CLI, follow Installing the operators using the CLI.
If you are using an internet-connected cluster, you need to add your entitlement key to namespaces where you want to deploy Cloud Pak for Integration capabilities and runtimes so that images can be pulled from the IBM Entitled Container Fulfillment Registry:
- Deploy the Cloud Pak for Integration instance, which allows you to deploy and
manage your instances of capabilities and runtimes from a central location.
- To install using the OpenShift web console, follow Deploying the IBM Cloud Pak for Integration instance using the OpenShift console.
- To install using the CLI, follow Deploying the IBM Cloud Pak for Integration instance using the CLI.
- Deploy instances of the IBM Cloud Pak for Integration capabilities and runtimes that you intend to use. For more information, see Deploying capabilities and runtimes.
Troubleshooting your installation
When you no longer require an installation of IBM Cloud Pak for Integration, use the procedure in Uninstalling.