Overview of Installation
A IBM Cloud Pak® for Integration installation consists of a Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform cluster with one or more Cloud Pak for Integration operators installed and one or more Cloud Pak for Integration capabilities and runtimes deployed. The installation procedure below involves using the Operator Lifecycle Manager to install the operators, then deploying capabilities and runtimes using the OpenShift console or the OpenShift CLI.
Overview of install procedure
For more information about other methods of installation, see Installation options.
- Begin by making the IBM Cloud Pak for Integration operators available to the cluster.
- If your cluster has direct access to the internet, see Adding the online catalog sources to a cluster.
- If your cluster is in a restricted (air-gapped) network environment, see Mirroring in a restricted (air-gapped) environment.
- When the operators are available to the cluster, use the Operator Lifecycle Manager to install the operators required for your deployment:
If you are using an internet-connected cluster, you need to add your entitlement key to namespaces where you want to deploy Cloud Pak for Integrationcapabilities and runtimes so that images can be pulled from the IBM Entitled Container Fulfillment Registry:
- Use operators to deploy instances of IBM Cloud Pak for Integration capabilities and runtimes that you will use. IBM recommends deploying the following capabilities and runtimes (Platform Navigator in particular) because they facilitate the use of the other capabilities and runtimes:Deploying Component Products.
- If you are in a cluster administrator role, you need an admin password. The password is generated for the admin user the first time a capability or runtime is deployed. See Getting the initial admin password.
When you no longer require an installation of IBM Cloud Pak for Integration, use the procedure in Uninstalling.