To access your data in Exasol, create a connection asset for it.
Exasol is an in-memory, column-oriented, relational database management system.
The Exasol connection requires a JAR file. The file must be uploaded to Cloud Pak for Data by an administrator with the Administer platform permission. The Cloud Pak for Data JDBC Driver is available from the Maven repository. Supported Exasol JDBC Driver version: 7.1.4.
Create a connection to Exasol
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- Exasol JDBC Driver JAR file
- Database name
- Hostname or IP address
- Port number
- Username and password
- SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
For Credentials and Certificates, you can use secrets if a vault is configured for the platform and the service supports vaults. For information, see Using secrets from vaults in connections.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
In a project Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
In a catalog Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
In a deployment space Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
In the Platform assets catalog Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use Exasol connections in the following workspaces and tools:
- AutoAI (Watson Machine Learning)
- Cognos Dashboards (Watson Studio)
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio or Watson Knowledge Catalog)
- Notebooks (Watson Studio). Use the insert-to-code function to get the connection credentials and load the data into a data structure. See Load data from data source connections.
- SPSS Modeler (SPSS Modeler service)
- Platform assets catalog
- Other catalogs (Watson Knowledge Catalog)
Parent topic: Supported connections