SAP HANA connection
To access your data in SAP HANA, create a connection asset for it.
SAP HANA is an in-memory, column-oriented, relational database management system.
The SAP HANA connection requires a JAR file. The file must be uploaded to Cloud Pak for Data by an administrator with the Administer platform permission. The Cloud Pak for Data JDBC Driver is available from the Maven repository. Supported SAP HANA JDBC Driver version: 2.9.x.
Create a connection to SAP HANA
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- SAP HANA JDBC Driver JAR file
- Database name
- Hostname or IP address
- Port number
- Username and password
- SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
For Credentials and Certificates, you can use secrets if a vault is configured for the platform and the service supports vaults. For information, see Using secrets from vaults in connections.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
In a project Click Add to project > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
In a catalog Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
In a deployment space Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
In the Platform assets catalog Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Supported Cloud Pak for Data tools and services
You can use SAP HANA connections in the following workspaces and tools:
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio or Watson Knowledge Catalog)
- DataStage (DataStage service)
- Metadata import (Watson Knowledge Catalog)
- Notebooks (Watson Studio). Use the insert-to-code function to get the connection credentials and load the data into a data structure. See Load data from data source connections.
- SPSS Modeler (SPSS Modeler service)
- Platform assets catalog
- Other catalogs (Watson Knowledge Catalog)
Data Virtualization service You can connect to this data source from Data Virtualization.
SAP HANA documentation
Parent topic: Supported connections