IBM Automation Workstream Services is a business productivity tool that empowers people in your organization to automate common work patterns in minutes, with no technical skills or ramp-up required.
Workstream Services provides a no-code solution that enables non-technical users to put together, publish, and run their own workstreams to streamline inefficient processes and fast-track activities in their everyday work.
What are workstreams?
A workstream is a no-code collaboration that brings together activities, data, documents, and people to deliver a business outcome. How that outcome is reached can take many forms, from simple tasks to more structured flows.
A workstream can consist of a single activity, the equivalent of one task in your in-basket, or can include a sequence of simple activities that you configure to automate a simple process in your daily work. For example, you'd need a workstream for a document or expense approval, a checklist for tracking a number of to-do items, or a form for new hires to fill in as part of their onboarding.
- For a simple approval or a simple checklist, take advantage of the out-of-the-box workstreams that are predefined in the product. Your simple approval can have one or multiple approval steps, which can be sequential or in parallel. You can share and reuse the out-of-the-box simple approval as many times as you need.
- To automate work that is slightly more complex, create your own workstream definitions, which can include approval, checklist, and form activities that are arranged in any sequence that meets your needs. You can use the built-in governance to standardize your workstreams before making them available for your team to use.
How can I benefit from using Workstream Services?
- Workstream Services improves the agility of
the business by expanding the resource pool and making better use of the non-technical skillset.
It offers a simple, rapid way for users who are not developers to work smartly, automate steps on the fly, and do things easily before other, more technical things are even required. IT cannot address all the requests for automation, so users can take charge over their own automation without relying on outside support.
- Workstream Services boosts productivity by
cutting down development time and increasing efficiency of business workers who complete work using
With Workstream Services, you can assemble workstreams that automate steps or simple processes in your daily work in a fraction of the time you would have spent completing them manually. Simple tasks can be done in just a few minutes, and no longer require email exchanges, notifications, and follow-ups. Once published and available for others to use, each effective workstream can save valuable time that can be reinvested, leading to costs savings for your organization in the long run.
- Workstream Services accelerates the time to value by enabling you to utilize your business resources to deliver workstream solutions that orchestrate activities performed by your human and digital workforce within a very short span of time compared with traditional techniques.
For prerequisites, installation, and configuration information for Workstream Services, see Preparing to install IBM Automation Workstream Services.
For setup information, see Setting up Workstream Services.