You can set custom hostname for control nodes on Cloud Pak for Data System.
Ensure that you have:
Before you begin
- Management network IPs for control nodes: node1, node2, node3
- Connect to mgmt1 IP of e1n1.
- For management network IPs, update the IP values or custom hostnames, or both by following Node specific information.
- Validate the YAML file.
- Test the YAML file and run the playbooks.
- Validate that all nodes are accessible through their management IP addresses
nodes 1 - 3and
floating_ip).On Cloud Pak for Data System version 2.x with NPS installed no additional steps are required as the pod with NPS host runs on a worker node and there is no possibility to change its hostname.