Changing system VLANs
You can change your VLANs by editing the VLAN list in the switch and then editing the VLAN value in the corresponding application network.
Ensure that you have:
Before you begin
- Fabric switch
external_linkinformation for each of the networks:
- New VLAN number
- The associated application network entry in the .yml file
- Connect to e1n1 by using the management floating IP.
- Update the VLAN values within the
vlans: list by following Switch settings.
- Update the
vlans: ['VALUE']in the corresponding
application_network: networkXentry by following Shared application network variables.If you want to change the VLAN to use a different IP address:
- If the IP address for the application changed due to the VLAN change, follow Deprecated: Setting up a wildcard DNS entry to change the CNAME IP in the A record of the Zone Definition file on the customer's DNS server to match the new application floating IP.
- Validate the YAML file.
- Test the YAML file and run the playbooks.