Manually adding conversions to the ObjectServer
Conversions are required to support the two columns (
that were added to the
alerts.status table as a result
of the ObjectServer configuration (see Configuring the ObjectServer to support intra-device correlations). These
conversions translate Type integer values (0 - 4) into descriptive
causal relevance text for display within the event list.
To add the required conversions, use the following steps:
- From the Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Administrator window, click the Visual dropdown list, and then click the Conversions icon.
- Right click alert.status and click Add Conversion to access the Conversion Details window.
- Select AdvCorrCauseType from the Column dropdown
list, and then create the following entries within the Value and Conversion fields,
clicking OK to save each set of entries:
Table 1. Value and conversion mapping Value Conversion
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to set up the same conversions for the
CauseTypeas the Column field entry in step 3.
On completion, the Conversions window appears.
- Enable the pre-class rules by uncommenting the following lines
found in the alcatel_5620_sam_v13.rules file:
include "../includes/alcatel_5620_sam-preclass.include.snmptrap.rules" include "../includes/AdvCorr36.include.compat.rules"