Configuring the Probe for Tivoli EIF and ObjectServer
Additional changes are required to the Probe for Tivoli EIF properties file and the ObjectServer for these additional rules to be used by the probe.
Use the following steps to configure the Probe for Tivoli EIF to use these additional rules:
- Ensure you have followed the instructions in Extracting the Probe Extension Package and configuring a probe to use the additional rules.
- Create the required Netcool/OMNIbus table columns using the isd_db_update.sql file.
On UNIX operating systems, run the following command:
$OMNIHOME/bin/nco_sql -server "objectserver_name" -user "username" -password "password" < $PROBE_EXT/eif/IBM_ISD/isd_db_update.sql
On Windows operating systems, run the following command:
%OMNIHOME%\bin\isql.exe -S objectserver_name -U username -P password -i %PROBE_EXT%\eif\IBM_ISD\isd_db_update.sql
- OMNIHOME is the location of your IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus installation.
- objectserver_name is the name assigned to your ObjectServer.
- username and password are your ObjectServer login details.
- Stop and restart the ObjectServer and probe using the stop and start instructions provided in the Probe for Tivoli EIF Reference Guide.