The probe receives alarms from the IBM® Tivoli® EIF device through the OMNIBUS TEC Java™ API (subsequently referred to in this guide as EIF Java API). It then sends the parsed data to the ObjectServer.
The following overview outlines how the probe interacts with the device:
- The probe starts.
- The probe listens to the port specified by the PortNumber property using the EIF Java API.
- The IBM Tivoli EIF device sends events to the configured port number.
- The probe listens for events.
- The probe reads and parses any available data.
- The probe sends the alerts generated to the ObjectServer.