Running and testing the probe
Run the probe and ensure it is communicating with the NMS or EMS correctly.
To run and test the probe:
- Start the probe from the command line, specifying the minimum
message level of debug and that an initial resynchronization is to
occur. For example:
$OMNIHOME/porbes/nco_p_huawei_u2000_3gpp_corba -messagelog stdout -messagelevel debug
- Ensure that the probe connects to the target system successfully.
Look for the following message in the probe's log file:
2015-06-03T16:09:09: Information: I-JPR-000-000: Probe connectedIf the probe fails to connect:
- Check and adjust the properties related to setting up a connection. See Connecting to the CORBA interface for information on the connection properties and how to set them.
- Ensure that any firewall between the probe host and the NMS or EMS is configured to allow traffic to pass from one end to the other in both directions.
- Check that the probe successfully synchronizes with the NMS or
EMS. Look for messages similar to the following in the probe's log
Information: I-JPR-000-000: Resynchronizing Probe Information: I-UNK-000-000: Probewatch: START SYNCHRONIZATION Debug: D-JPR-000-000: Send request for active alarms Debug: D-UNK-000-000: (Non-encrypted property) ResyncFilter-> Debug: D-JPR-000-000: Performing full resynch with Alarmfilter property : Debug: D-JPR-000-000: calling get_alarm_list() Debug: D-JPR-000-000: Statistic of alarms received in one batch Debug: D-JPR-000-000: ResyncAlarmData [isAllAlarm=true, criticalCount=0, majorCount=0, minorCount=0, warningCount=0, indeterminateCount=0, clearedCount=0] Debug: D-JPR-000-000: Parsing alarm Information: I-UNK-000-000: Probewatch: END SYNCHRONIZATION
Troubleshoot any synchronization errors, including the values of the synchronization properties. See Filtering notifications and alarms for information on synchronization.
- Check that the probe correctly parses alarms with the Event Processor. Check for any unsupported types for event parsing.
- Check the log file for errors in event parsing or unsupported
Check also for attributes having a null value or one that shows as
- Check that events appear in the Event List and that they contain
the expected elements and values.
Modify the rules file if the values in the Event List do not meet your requirements.