Authenticating with the data source
The probe uses the values specified by the DBUsername and DBPassword properties to authenticate with the data source.
You can specify both the user name and password in plain text format, or you can use an encryption algorithm to secure the entry made in the properties file.
To encrypt either the user name or password in the properties file, use the following steps:
- Generate a key and store it in a key file using the nco_keygen utility.
- Set the generic ConfigCryptoAlg property in the probe properties files to the encryption method required.
- Set the generic ConfigKeyFile property in the probe properties files to the path of the encryption key file.
- Encrypt the user name and password using the nco_aes_crypt utility.
- Add the encrypted values for the DBPassword property and the DBUsername property generated by the nco_aes_crypt utility to the probe properties file.
$NCHOME/omnibus/bin/nco_aes_crypt -c AES_FIPS -k key_file string_value
The cipher option used here must match the option specified by the ConfigCryptoAlg property.
For information about using nco_keygen and nco_aes_crypt to encrypt the user name and password, see the following topics: