Migrating from existing probes
There are a number of IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus probes that monitor TMF-814 compliant systems:
- Probe for Alcatel-Lucent NaviScore 9.1
- Probe for Huawei T2000 (CORBA)
- Probe for Nokia-Siemens TNMS (CORBA)
- Probe for ECI Lightsoft (CORBA)
The Generic Probe for TMF814 can also monitor the same systems. This chapter contains guidance on how to migrate from one of the existing probes to the generic probe. The migration procedure has the following stages:
- Ensure the generic probe contains all the features of the existing probe that you need.
- Determine any additional features of the generic probe that you want to use.
- Install the generic probe.
- Migrate the properties file.
- Customize the rules file.
- Run and test the generic probe.
- Optimize property values and the rules file.