Installing the latest version of dependencies
All probes are supplied as packages that you can download from the IBM Passport Advantage website.
On Netcool/OMNIbus V7.3.0, 7.3.1, or 7.4, one package is released for each operating system on which the probe is supported. On Netcool/OMNIbus V8.1, a single package containing all supported operating systems is released for each probe.
In both cases, the package for any given probe contains the probe itself and the latest versions of any non-third party dependencies that the probe requires. For example, a package will contain the probe and may contain one or more of the following dependencies:
- Probes Expect shared libraries (common-libexpect)
- Probes Library and Readme GSKIT Libncrypt (common-libncrypt)
- Probe Nonnative-base (probe-nonnative-base)
- Java Integration Support (probe-sdk-java)
- Command port implementation library (command-port)
- Transport Module for Message Bus Integration (common-transportmodule)
- Transformer for Message Bus Integration (common-transformer)
- Probe Corba Framework (probe-corba-framework)
- Probe DSL Framework (probe-dsl-framework)
Subsequent versions of any of these dependencies may be released at a later date. If a later version of a probe dependency is released, you can install this later version and it will not impact any of the functionality of any installed probe that is using a previous version of the dependency. For example, if you are currently running Nonnative version 15, you can install version 16 when it is released and it will not impact any of the probes that you have installed that require Nonnative.